header-photo

G.L.Pease: Haddo's Delight


The following is a review I did of G.L.Pease's Haddo's Delight on 2/23/06

Brand:GLPease
Blender:Gregory Pease
Tin Description:Haddo's Delight is a stout blend of several Virginia tobaccos with a generous measure of long-cut perique. Unflavored Green River black Cavendish and a little air-cured white burley ribbon provide fullness, body, and a bit of extra strength. Finally, an exclusive process darkens and marries the mixture, and gives the blend a subtle tin aroma of cocoa and dried fruit. The flavor is full on the palate, earthy, slightly sweet and intriguingly piquant, with overtones of figs and raisins. A wonderful blend for the perique lover!
Country of Origin:US
Curing Group:Air Cured
Contents:
Burley
Black Cavendish
Virginia
Perique
Cut:Ribbon
Packaging:50g. Tin

Haddo's Delight - I just polished off a few bowls of this stuff and it was a delight though nothing too special. High quality leaf to be sure it just didn't stand out as a knock it out of the park smoke I thought it was going to be...I did find this to get better as the bowl progressed...though following it, taste wise, was a challenge...it kept changing...maybe you need to keep a consistent puff with this one to bring the flavors together well...in any case it was a delight and I will polish the tin off no problem. I think I need to try Odyssey next =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there very nice blog!! Guy .. Excellent .
. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also?
I am satisfied to find so many helpful information here in the post, we need work out more strategies
on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Also visit my web blog ketone diet

Post a Comment